Saturday, May 10, 2014

Spur of the Momemt

It was one of those last minute arrangements:  Friday morning after a long laborious week and I get the text- the kids and grand kids are coming tomorrow afternoon and spending the night. (Menu planning, child proofing, etc.) Well, what the hell, we may as well invite some overdue friends for dinner Friday night as well.
It is truly best to connect whenever possible. Friday night turned out to be great. Only half of the couple invited was able to make it, but one of their sons was also able to join us.  What a great night. What positive attitudes were on exhibit last night. No complaints about anything - just great conversation and catching up. A sliced finger and a broken dessert dish didn't mar the evening for very long.
I haven't seen the grand kids in about a month. I am really looking forward to it and even though I'm just the "step" grandparent, they don't really understand the difference yet.  I'm just another person who loves to play with them...
I have invited my 2 grown children as well. Hopefully they can make an appearance before the overnight guests leave tomorrow AM.
Wanting to be the stylish Grandma, I'll choose something funky. I've got some great separates from Zara and if the temperature rises as much as it's supposed to, I might just throw together a new outfit. I've rediscovered the garner Fructis Style Surf Hair paste. I had a couple in my cabinet (one stays in my suitcase now).  This stuff is amazing. You can do anything with it and it really controls my marginally straight, slightly bendy hair all day.
Happy Mother's Day weekend to all who have had or are a mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment