Saturday, May 17, 2014

Good decision

You know that feeling you get - things happen that you did not plan and you just know it's not going to turn out well?  Yesterday's scheduled flight to visit dad was a prime example. My flight the day before had already been cancelled and rescheduled to yesterday morning.

My first clue came early that second morning when I checked online to see if my flight was delayed- my preferred airport is easily fogged in.  Good thing I checked because the flight was actually changed to a different airport. That was just not going to work for me.

I rescheduled for the last flight of the day. A few hours later I was notified about another airport change- this to an even less desirable airport.  I was willing, however, to make that change to visit dad. The rain continued to fall.  The wind continued to blow. I was hearing there were major flight delays...but my flight was only showing an hour delay.

I knew better - how could my flight that was not usually flying out of that major airport possibly be  delayed only an hour?  I cancelled.

Today I couldn't wait to check on the actual departure time. It was more than 3 hours delayed and I would have landed after 3:00 AM. Considering I had gotten up at 4:00 yesterday for that original flight, 3:00 AM today would not have been pretty. The agent at the car rental desk probably would not have let me even have a car.

My kind employer will  allow me to work remotely to go visit Dad. I trust it will be an easier morning of travel then.

No comments:

Post a Comment