Sunday, October 11, 2015

Quite the Week

There is impending grandmother hood, a wedding to plan in a month.  Both items are welcome news and will add the beginning of a new chapter to our collective family's story. That was Monday.
On Tuesday, my 93 year old father was asmitted to the hospital which I did not discover until Wednesday. Dad is over 1000 miles away and I just came back from a visit last Sunday. I knew he had an appoint with his PCP on Tuesday, but never expected him to be admitted to the hospital via the ER that very same day. There are inherent problems with being in your 90s, but I have been truly blessed with a parent who maintains his sense of humor through all of his recent trials. A sense of humor, in my opinion, is one of the most important skills to acquire. It keeps us from taking ourselves too seriously, tends to make us appreciate the important things and can definitely level us when times are tough.
So back to the task at hand-back to the hairdresser today to correct what must have been a slightly out of character mid-life hair crisis yesterday. Did I really think that burgundy highlights would be a good look for me?  Look carefully- they are pretty bright.  I hope they can minimally be toned down a bit today.

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment